Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My treadmill has sat dormant .a year. I got on it today and

Customer Question

My treadmill has sat dormant for about .a year. I got on it today and it turns on but the speed doesn't increase. I have reset it and tried the trouble shooting that was in the manual. the Model No. is PGTL78807.1. The serial No. is W41111367.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

The first thing to test is the the motor itself - apply 12-18 volts DC to the motor. If it runs at a constant speed, then it is likely ok. That is what I would generally expect to be the case.

More likely the problem is with the motor controller board. When you adjust the speed, the console sends a signal to the motor controller board, which then varies the voltage to the motor. So, please test the voltage coming from the board to the motor when you are changing the speed. I suspect you will find that the voltage does not change when you change it from the console. If this is the case, then the motor controller board needs to be replaced. This is the most common failure on this model.

I don't have a reference to that model number, but I do have a PFTL78807 which is a Proform machine. The replacement board is.

Here is the replacement board for that model:

http://amzn.to/1n1Lk31