Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Have a Healthstream Hornet HS1175. the unit will not start

Customer Question

Have a Healthstream Hornet HS1175. the unit will not start the travelator or incline/decline the treadmill. Have only 1 LED on the monitor and all LCD's appear ok. When the inclinator is called to "up" or "Down" there is no indication at the monitor or the power board on board. I have no manual or wiring diagram can you help me
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

The first thing I would check here is that the incline motor is actually working. To do that, open it up and without power plugged in, apply 12-18v dc directly to the incline motor. It should move based on the polarity of the voltage. If it does, then the motor itself is working. After that, check the voltage coming INTO the motor when you operate the controls. If that does NOT vary when you operate the incline controls, then the problem is very likely the motor controller board - this is the most common replacement on these machines. You can also make sure that the signal is coming from the controls themselves, but for them not to be would be a far less common issue.