Neil, Technician
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing
15873252

I have a ProForm 745cs treadmill. It starts fine, but when

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I have a ProForm 745cs treadmill. It starts fine, but when you step on it, it loses power and comes to a stop.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It seems like it has the power to run without being on it, but any weight on it makes it lose power.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When was the last time you lubed the deck? This is the first thing to try, do attempt to tighten the deck first, this would only make it worse...

Do to your local fitness equipment store and get some lub and apply liberally to the deck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did some more checking on the treadmill. The incline adjustment and walking belt speed adjustment also don't work.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Is that only after it has stopped or do these not work before you stand on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't work before I stand on it.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Then you need to dismantle the unit and check all connections, check between the console and the motor control board as well as the motor control board to the incline motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay in responding. All connections between console, boards, and motors look good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering if we could continue with this problem. The connections on the machine all look good.