Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Similar treadmill problems other are

Customer Question

Hi, similar treadmill problems other are encountering...NordiTrack 700R, turn unit on , connect magnetic safety key, hit any speed key and motor surges for 5 seconds then stops; replace the speed sensor but that didn't seem to do it...was surprised to see your response about the speed sensor needing to be facing the side of the pulley (which one) and it has to be an 1/8
away...this is the the stup on the 700R, it has it's own mounting screws that follow the outline of the base zip tied in a couple place ultimately finding it's way to the controller/motherboard...unplugging the speed sensor all together does NOT result in the belt going into "runaway."
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi I know The problem is the Console not the speed sensor in this case ;-(

That part needs to be replaced. I have seen too many of these.

But its easy to do and I will help you if you need me?

Its easy to change out and maybe depending how old your Treadmill is they may cover the cost in whole or in part.

I would try Nordic Track by calling them from the phone # ***** on the warranty card and the user manual if you need anything further please ask me;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The console is made up of a lot of pieces many of which are neither mechanical nor electrical. Here is a link to the manual online...what part(s) (provide the number please) do you think I should order and replace?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi the part you need is the upper console, it contains the display and the controls and that unit is one piece and it controls everything;-)

Hope that helps?

Please let me know on that, also you can call Treadmill Doc for further info and also maybe to order if you choose?

Treadmill Doctor:

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-####/p>

Please rate kindly at this time so I can remain with you. Once you rate, i will be notified and will send you a reply so you know how to get in touch with me further on this until this repair is complete.

No additional cost to rate kindly;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
would it be the console insert in diagram B (page B); part number 105 found here: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/nordictrack-ntl22950-7000r-treadmill-parts-c-147683_147684_147904.html?q=NTL22950. If so, it's over $500. I think my ex-wife only paid like $800-$900 for the whole treadmill 9 years ago! If that is indeed it, I will likely junk it as Sears has great prices/sales on Nordictrack products.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi I know its a very expensive component;-(

But thats whats bad.

I wish I had better news for you I really do. But if you are going to replace the console and yes that the one, I will stick with you until its working.

Either way please rate my service to you in a kind fashion as it is the only way i receive any credit for my time and expertise with you.

There is no cost for that.

Thank you

Tech Michael