Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a proform 615 xp treadmill that we hacw used off and

Customer Question

I have a proform 615 xp treadmill that we hacw used off and on for 7 years. The incline motor works but when I start the belt it starts and then stops quickly like power has been cut to the motor. The belt coasts freely and it is not tripping the reset button or the wall circuit. It is in the same location that is has been in for 2 years. I replaced the belt motor thinking it was the issue. However it is doing the exact same thing even with the new motor installed. Any thoughts ?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If you are certain that the motor is OK and there is no excessive friction between the belt and then deck, then the issue that could cause this is the motor controller. The motor controller is the board into which the motors are plugged, and which controls the speed and direction of the motors. It is a pretty simple replacement. Here is a link to the part:

http://amzn.to/1RC4Nmg