treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

Guy, My R60 treadmill is stalling when I start walking on

Customer Question

Customer: Guy, My R60 treadmill is stalling when I start walking on it. Have pulled cover and found that the drive belt is not slipping, but the motor just quits running. Have read that it may be too much current due to friction on walking belt, anything else it could be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started about 2 weeks ago for me. I am a lot heavier than my wife, and she was able to use it without any problems, I step on it to do a walk and after a minute or two it starts to jerk and then stalls completely. Last night I stalled it and put my finger on the back of the motor shaft to see if it was spinning. No, it was not. Was thinking a set screw or key, but not the case from my checks.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your treadmill?

Also how long does it run before it quits?

Also does it get a lot of use?

Thank you

Tech Michael