Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I recently had acquired a pro form 1000, assured it worked

Customer Question

I recently had acquired a pro form 1000, assured it worked properly, and was told it did not need the magnetic key to function. When I first got it home, without no magnetic key, I plugged it in, reset the breaker and stood on the treadmill platform. It originally partially shown some electronic life to the display panel, and I thought that I just needed to learn how it worked, but it quickly limited all functions and went dead completely, despite all repeated attempts. After being reassured it was working fine prior, I committed to purchasing a replacement magnetic key, and I tried to get any kind of life from the treadmil once the key arrived. No luck, hence begins my quest, starting here. Any suggestions or experience with this condition.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

These treadmills will always require a magnetic key, unless the safety mechanism has been bypassed, which is very dangerous.

Do you have a voltmeter available to carry out some voltage checks on the power supply and safety microswitch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you start by testing the microswitch for continuity and let me know the results when the magnetic key is fitted and removed?