Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My name is ***** *****. Have a Horizon T-500. Motor starts

Customer Question

Customer: Hi My name is ***** *****. Have a Horizon T-500. Motor starts then shuts off. I hit stop then start again. Hear the click, it moves then another click, shuts off. Took the walking belt off so there is no tension. It used to run for a few minutes before shutting off. Now it shuts off as soon as it starts.. Is it the motor or a sensor or control board?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: treadmill is 7 years old. Ran on it about 3 miles every session about 2-3 times per week. Getting power. The red led on the controller is on. Hit start ...I hear the click near the motor when I hit start then hear another click from the control board side when it shuts off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael. I see no response to my question...

The way you can tell if this is the motor or the controller board - the easiest way - is to unplug the machine and apply 12-18 volts of dc power directly to the motor terminals. I working motor should run at a constant speed with constant voltage. If your does not, then it likely needs to be replaced.