Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Nordic Track Treadmill T12.2 fitted a new control

Customer Question

I have a Nordic Track Treadmill T12.2 fitted a new control board but when I try to calibrate the motor runs to fast with the pot turned to minimum, also if you run the belt on slow the speed is uneven
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Paul,

It seems as though the motor controller is a little on the high side during the calibration process.

To fix this, adjust the pot whilst in calibration mode. You should be able to press the speed up button and the treadmill should start moving, showing you a percentage number on the incline window.

First, increase the speed until that number shows 85%. The speed window should show you what speed the treadmill is actually moving at. At this point, the console may or may not be beeping.

If at 85%, the speed shows 12mph, or very close to it (and there are no beeps from

the board or console while moving), then the treadmill is properly calibrated, and

your speed perception or expectation is just not what the treadmill offers.

If at 85%, the speed indicates it is moving lots faster than 12mph, you hear a fast beep from the console, or even feel like it may overheat, then you will now need to adjust the speed pot by doing the following:

While at 85%, and the belt still moving, turn the pot counterclockwise until the speed indicates as close to 12 mph as possible, or if the console was beeping fast, do it until the beeping stops.

Be careful to turn the pot slowly, as it is very sensitive, and one small turn will lower or increase the speed by a lot.

When the beeping stops, or when you are running the treadmill at 85% at the calibration window (and the speed reads close to 12mph), the treadmill will be calibrated. Now .5mph should now be .5, and 12mph should now be 12mph.

Pull the safety key off and put it back on to reset the calibration window to the normal starting point.

Let me know if that works for you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your reply I have tried this and with the pot fully counterclockwise the treadmill runs to fast and the console is bleeping, at 85 on the console the speed is about 13.8, this is a new controller is it faulty ?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Yes, if the pot is not working as it should (and the new controller is an exact replacement for the old one) then it is not working correctly, i.e. it is faulty.

Pete.