Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a proform treadsoft zt3 worked fine now I plugged it

Customer Question

I have a proform treadsoft zt3 worked fine now I plugged it in display is fine buts buttons are non responsive powers on displays reads heart. Rate but none of my buttons work at all
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm still waiting
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hello William,

First, check that the security key is securely fitted and is not loose - remove it and reattach it again;

if that doesn't help, then there may be a stuck button on the console that is preventing the others from responding, or there may be some loose wiring inside the console.

Reply back and let me know what you find...

Happy New Year!

Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well the buttons are flat and digital not like a keyboard button not sure how it would be stuck and yes the security key is fine because the lid screen goes into display mode when I remove it and it beeps when I remove it and replace it how would I check for stuck button or loose wiring it's a fairly new machine I doubt loose wiring is the problem but I've pressed every button to no avail it's like it stopped working but all the other electronic parts on that same board function such as led screen it even displays my heart rate when I grip handles
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually nevermind I'll just go to s shop I am pretty sure during the what have you tried I listed all of your suggestions you made except loose wires with isn't possible it worked last night Un plugged it then plug ed it in and it was over just go ahead and refund my deposit I don't know why I thought this would work
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi William

If you have already tried that then the console has a more serious fault and will likely need to be replaced.

Pete.