Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Buttons on NordicTrack treadmill console not working
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Buttons on NordicTrack treadmill console not working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Turns on OK. Used it twice in the last 2 weeks with no problem, but today and about 4 days ago, when i push a "speed: button, it will not go to that speed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: what if i see the answer already on this page?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

First, check that the safety key is correctly fitted.

Next, check for any loose cables or wiring inside the console.

If you need further assistance, please confirm the model number of the NordicTrack treadmill, and the approximate age.

Thanks,

Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model number is ***** 4100i. It is about 14 years old. Some of the buttons on the right side seem to work (e.g. lift treadmill, increment speed), but not the left side buttons (lower the deck, lower the speed).
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Ok, that does seem to indicate that the left side cables may be loose - did you get a chance to check the cable connections inside the console?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have checked all cable connections inside the console and all appear fully connected.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

If the cable connections seem good you will next need to test them for continuity in case there is a break in one of the cables.

If the cables all test good, then the buttons will need to be checked out next.

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I notice your rating for my service has not gone through...
Do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This has taken too long and I really don't want to incur any further costs. The treadmill is still not working but I will be falling the manufacturer now instead. They were able to help me a few months back. Thanks anyway.