Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

What are the on the circuit board wire on the Computer? I

Customer Question

what are the on the circuit board for the wire on the Computer? I received a Marcy ME 709 Magnetic-Resistance Recumbent Bike from my Family for Christmas. MY grandson assembled it and said there was no wire coming from the Computer.This is Step2 Diagram2 in the assembly manual. I have a low wattage iron and solder, and the background to repair it. The colors of the Computer wire wht.-blk. & blk.
Bill Ridley Louisville,KY
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In Diagram 2 (I have the manual before me, for assembly of your model) it is clearly shown that cable connectors 10 and 12 are plugged together.

Other diagrams indicate a cable or two coming out of the main frame part's front post, and also diagrams indicate a cable out of the top of the front post part, which presumably connects to the console or 'computer'. Look for that cable, it is vitally necessary for the whole to work properly.

Perhaps it goes lost inside the front post part. If so, that part may have to be taken off again, and turned upside down and shaken, and looked into with a flashlight, and probed with tweezers or other tool, to retrieve the cable, that should come out of the top of the front post and connect to the 'computer' or console. (You will of course have to dismount the console again before doing this.)

Let me know how it goes, I want to help you to a good conclusion of some sort. Thanks.