Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

, I have a Nordictrack VIewpoint treadmill..It was

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Nordictrack VIewpoint treadmill..It was working fine yesterday but today when I turn it on the belt goes max speed then trips the breaker
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell; thank you for requesting my attention. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds like a matter of the speed sensor not working. However, in most cases if the speed sensor is not providing any signal indicating that the treadmill is running, the treadmill shuts down with a speed sensor error. That hints to me, that either this treadmill is engineered and designed with unusually bad reactions to a rather common failure - unlikely! - or that something else, more expensive and harder to fix, is wrong with the treadmill.

Were you thinking of fixing it yourself? in a case like this, it might be best not to, to state my opinion frankly.

If you wish to have the treadmill serviced by a local NordicTrack tech repair firm, let me know your region (by city/state or zip code) and I will give you contact information for local repair firms specializing in NordicTrack repairs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could refer a Nordic Track repair technician that would be great..my zip code is 90815
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know where the speed sensor is located?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

In this particular model... actually, what is your particular model? the 3500, the 3600, or something else?