Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

NotdicTrak X9i not working after kiddo tried using it with

Customer Question

NotdicTrak X9i not working after kiddo tried using it with power off. Will not reset. Electronics don't light up. Red LED light lights up near reset button.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds as if the red LED signifies a tripped breaker and a need to hold down the reset button for at least 2 seconds before switching the X9i On again.

I take it you have tried that. Does the red LED near the reset button go out at any time?

Check the main fuse. It may have blown. Check the power cord also, carefully, taking nothing for granted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all that. It still doesn't work. It isn't a fuse, and anything else plugged into that socket works fine. Treadmill power cord is fine. This treadmill has been used only 10 or so times, so parts are still like new.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LED light stays lit.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

[*Sigh*] Then I regret to state that somehow, the use of the treadmill when it was powered Off, has apparently blown out the power supply. Hopefully not the motors too.

Indeed, you should unhook the motor(s) from the power, and see if you get some signs of life that way - if so, then the motor shorted out or some such.

Is the treadmill still within 1 year of its purchase date? it might be covered by warranty - doubtfully (since the unusual usage-without-power may void warranties... I'm simply not sure, you'd have to ask the company that issues the warranty on this device, the manufacturer most usually that is.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Out of warranty, unfortunately. You lost me at unhooking motor from power supply. Unsure how to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's some pics of what I'm looking at.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pictures. I hope these diagrams can help with the disassembly and locating the motor... I believe that the disassembly should more or less remove the side 'rails' or curbs next, etc:

http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/equipment/Select/19480/NordicTrack/X9i-Incline-Trainer-831.249192

For me the puzzle is, those diagrams don't show the motor for the treadmill nor for the incline... and don't show that card either, so I cannot tell what else to recommend. In apology, I have Opted Out... but can still respond to further postings to this question as needed or wanted.