treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have a proform 710 e elliptical that wont turn on after

Customer Question

Hi. I have a proform 710 e elliptical that wont turn on after moving it
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What happens when you try to turn it on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when I turn it on. The only difference I can tell is that there is a green and a red light that light up on the circuit board under the protective hood.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Even if you run an extension cord can you plug it into the outlet it was before and let me know if it does anything different. Even though you tested other outlets we would still want to try this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried that and also verified that the outlet works by plugging a fan into it. No problems there.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Check your console does it have a battery option as well? If it does can you test it with batteries for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at work but will check that when I get home. I honestly don't think it has a battery.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Some models do and some do not and if it does the batteries can normally be used instead of a power cable. This would let us test to see if the adapter itself is the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well the lights on the circuit board seem to point to there is power. I'm heading home now and will check.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no batteries on this model.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You can use a multimeter to check the adapter as well, I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts. If you decide to check it that way please post the readings you get.