Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Moved my Nordictrack Quadflex to my new house. Plugged it

Customer Question

Moved my Nordictrack Quadflex to my new house. Plugged it in, and it appears to be in demo mode, although there is no "D" on the information screen to indicate this. I have looked at online manuals to see how to take it out of demo mode:
Press and hold stop key then insert safety key, then press speed decrease button.
The other one said to just hold down the stop key. Neither of these worked. None of the console buttons "beep" when I push them. Help!
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at my question, and I was afraid you'd think that there was something wrong with the information screen. There isn't. It's still displaying everything it's supposed to be displaying. There's just no "D" to indicate that it's in demo mode, like the manuals (the online ones) say should be there. But it's in demo mode.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nan,

First try this method to get out of demo mode:

1. Press and hold the STOP button while inserting the safety key to enter the user information mode.
  2. Press the SPEED DOWN button to toggle the mode on and off.
  3. Once the mode is set as desired, remove the safety key.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If that doesn't work, try pressing and holding the STOP button for at least five seconds.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Russell, Expert at JustAnswer.com.

I think that the control console probably is defective.

It may need replacing.

But, if you try unplugging the Quadflex from the power - while it is On - for about an hour or more, or for overnight, then it might reset back to a normal condition and settings etc. in the console and the functions.

Also, consider how roughly it was moved. Might it have been damaged perhaps? or need a cable re-seated?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If it still doesn't work after holding the STOP button for at least 5 seconds, then check for a stuck button on the console.