John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

We have a healthrider H90e eliptical. Similar to the

Customer Question

We have a healthrider H90e eliptical. Similar to the previous question, the magnetic resistance is not working when we press the buttons. I can hear the 6v tension motor run when I apply power from a 9v battery, but the cam hardy turns if at all, and does not stop no matter the polarity.
At this point I might spend $70 to try a new motor, but I can't get any voltage reading at the old motor leads when I press the buttons on the panel either. Does this indicate even more problems, or is the circuit switched (ie wont power at all with a bad motor still connected)? I'm not going to try to swap out a panel or harness too. Thanks!
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

If the unit is out of warranty, I recommend to have it checked by Sears Home Repair Service, even if you have not bought it from Sears. As this is probably an issue with the motor I suggest to have it checked by a technician with experience fixing these units.

1- In order to request an appointment you can click here===> Repair Appointment <=== Click Here

2- Then click "Schedule a repair"

3- At the bottom, please select "Elliptical Machine"

4- Enter zip code, brand, nature of problem warranty status, then click Next. For Brand choose "Healthrider".

5- Click Next and follow the prompts.

Or just call 1-***-***-****

They will tell you what's wrong with the unit and give you an estimate to repair it.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====