Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Our schwinn treadmil was unplugged one year. Ran fine.

Customer Question

Our schwinn treadmil was unplugged for approximately one year. Ran fine. Plugged it in the other day and nothing lights up.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

click on” Reply to Expert” to reply to me.

The more you tell me the quicker we can solve your your problem ;-)

May I have the full model #, also how old your treadmill is so I can help?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Schwinn. The only number we can find is on the plate in the bottom front. 6510.1 Hebb Industries. It is approximately 6-7 years old. Hope that helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,I am sorry you are having this problem with your treadmill. Most treadmills have an on/off switch near the power cord on the treadmill. If the switch is not on check the circuit breaker on the treadmill. This should also be where the power cord enters the unit. Next, verify the outlet is working by testing a lamp in the outlet. If the lamp works, there is an internal problem with the treadmill. I would recommend having a service technician diagnose the problem. You can have it repaired at your home by a Sears technician. You can call your local Sears for this service or contact them nationally to schedule a repair for this. Sears: 1-***-***-****.

Ine of the things that happen with these is when they are left unplugged for any length of time, there are parts that can fail in the internal power supply of the treadmill, due to the parts being warm all the time when this one is plugged in as the internal power supply is live even when the unit is switched off.Its a common issue and these should always be left plugged into a live outlet to prevent this kind of problem. I wish I had better news for you I reall do, but see fi you can locate the circuit breaker that may be all the problem is;-)

Additionally if you are handy and have a meter I can help you replace the suspect part if the fuse is ok.

Please let me know on that?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete,

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

There is no cost to rate ;-)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael