Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Nordictrack GX 4.5 bike about 3 yrs old, the

Customer Question

Good day,
We have a Nordictrack GX 4.5 bike about 3 yrs old, the resistance adjustment on the panel was not able to be changed, always at the same level, just started today.
Thank you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the resistance level stuck at the minimum, or at the maximum? have you tried changing it both upward and downward ? or is it at a minimum or maximum and not able to be changed in both directions as a result?

I would advise you to shut off the bike for awhile - overnight, ideally. And meanwhile, check whether connections/cables from the console are tight, not tugged out of sockets/plugs, not damaged nor cut nor twisted much, etc.

Let me know what I have asked about, above, and what the result is, and I will advise you further as appropriate. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Russell,
The resistance level feels like it is at maximum, cannot be sure. While peddling yesterday we did change the resistance level up and down, minimum to maximum o minimum, the resistance did not change that we could feel. We could see the levels changing on the screen, as it has in the past. I did unplug the bike for about 2 minutes, then plugged it back in, no change. I will check the cable connectors and leave it off as you advise.
Will reply later.
Regards,
Tom A.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let me know, at your convenience. Thanks.