Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I assembled a new Schwinn 870 treadmill.
, Everything

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I assembled a new Schwinn 870 treadmill.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Everything seemed to work as the control panel is lit up. But when I start it, the belt moves and stops exactly at 10 secs. I have to switch it off and turn it back on. It runs for 10 secs and then stops again. I hear a clicking sound when the belt stops moving (as if the motor is turned off). The control panel is lit all the time. What do you think the problem might be?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait. Again, i have not contacted the equipment manufacturer yet.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that, unless some point of assembling it was neglected, you probably have a defective product. Given that it is this new, and defective, then it would be best to return it to the vendor or store as defective, for an exchange with another of equal or identical value.

(The sound of the problem is that of a defective motor perhaps - a fairly expensive thing to replace. And that diagnosis is not sure at this point, I must emphasize.)