Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have the Horizon t51 treadmill, and was told to ask a

Customer Question

I have the Horizon t51 treadmill, and was told to ask a tech, where to amp test the motor board and the motor to make sure which one is the problem before I order parts. I don't have the money to hire a technician to come out, and have waited 9 months to get this fixed. I need to use it for my health.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary try (if comfortably/safely able to do or have done by somebody else) is to temporarily disconnect where the red and black wires of the motor are connected to the motor board:

• • ensure that the unit is unplugged from the mains;
  • • take lots of pictures of the board, motor, controller to have a reference of which wire/connector goes where;
  • • disconnect the motor's red and black wires from the motor board;
  • • use a strong 12V DC power source such as a car battery to test the motor;
  • • if the motor turns, then it would be the motor board;
  • • if not, then the motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last night I reset the control board, and I could program it so the incline was working, I tested the motor It turns,
when I press the speed sometimes it is still adjusting the incline, sometimes it adjusts speed, but when pressing start, the incline adjusts and it doesn't move. is there somewhere in the motor board where a particular component might be the problem reather than changing out the whole motor board. I have more time than money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems to have a mis communication in the control board when programming it? and it is new.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not completely satisfied that I have the answer to repair the problem. Is there anything else between the control board and motor board, that controls the treadmill from turning?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Very significant additional information.

The earlier post was in response to the first "... test the motor board and the motor...".

Hopefully, an alternate approach / second opinion can be provide to your concern. The question would be re-opened as I would rather opt out.