Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Sole F80 which is about three years old. It has

Customer Question

I have a Sole F80 which is about three years old. It has been used three to four times a week during that time. It started shutting down with a message S1 "Low Speed" as soon as weight is put on it. I have recalibrated it and put Sole's lubricant on everything and, although it runs smoother now, it shuts down at about 17 sections. It will run fine if no weight but as soon as you step on the desk, 17 seconds later it will shut down.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

This sounds like the motor is failing. The motor controller board is a more common problem, but based on the symptoms you are having is almost definitely the motor. The only way to test the motor is to open it up and put 12 to 18 V on the leads and see if it moves at a steady pace. It would be somewhat difficult to test the load on the motor without actually replacing it. There is a replacement motor available and I'll give you a link to it here:

http://amzn.to/1SgD7ln

Let me know if that answers your question or if you need additional information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suspected that there was a problem with the motor but wanted to know if there was more than I could do besides the calibration suggested by the guide. I got a technician who came in and said that the motor needed to be replaced but so did a couple of other parts. Michael was correct in assessing part of the problem but could not have diagnosed the other issues.

Thank you for responding and letting me know. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, and excellent rating icons. That will allow me to receive credit for helping. Let me know if you need any help with that. Thank you.