treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have a treadclimber TC20. purchased in Sept last year.

Customer Question

i have a treadclimber TC20. purchased in Sept last year.
This just started about a week ago. As i am walking doing my normal program. I hear a cracking or crunching sound under my right foot step. My husband said there is nothing under the belt but a plastic floor the belt is running on top of. It sounds like a crunching sound to him. But making a cursory examination he could see no visible cracks or distortions of any kind. He tightened all the screw heads he could find, but found nothing. He tried walking on it and it made no crunching sound for him, but he weighs much more then i do. After he turned off the machine he noticed the crunching sound coming off both sides as he was standing shifting his weight from side to side. He thinks its is the plastic floor making the noise, but he has no other explanation.
He suspects there is nothing wrong, but he is unable to determine what the noise is coming from in this area. It is driving me crazy and i would like you let us know what we could do to eliminate this noise.
Thank you for your help.
Alice Chapman
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alice, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your treadclimber?

Also do you notice it sound different as I suspect?

The more you tell me the quicker we can solve your your problem ;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael