Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

My wife and I each have a Bowflex M5 machine. Neither one

Customer Question

My wife and I each have a Bowflex M5 machine. Neither one changes resistance levels when you tough the increase/decrease buttons. My wife's M5 has a much stronger resistance level set than mine. Why is that and what can be done to fix this issue?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished.

I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.

If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Remove the bolts or screws securing the console to the upright assembly. Lift the console and confirm that the cable connections are secure.

Remove the cover from the console's battery bay and install a fresh set of batteries. Put the battery cover back on.

Detach the ends of the pedals from the crank axles. Remove the left and right disc shields and side shields.

Inspect the interior of the base unit and locate the flywheel. Inspect the flywheel as it turns.

Locate the magnet installed on the flywheel.

Turn the flywheel until the magnet passes in front of the nearby reed switch.

Loosen the screw securing the switch in place. Rotate the switch to reduce the gap between it and the magnet.

Tighten the screw.4 Replace the left and right disc shields and side shields. Reattach the ends of the pedals to the crank axles.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.