Neil, Technician
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing
15873252

I have a healthrider 900hrc. We just using it. The wife

Customer Question

Hi. I have a healthrider 900hrc. We just using it for walking. The wife weighs 120# ***** no problem. I weigh 220# ***** the treadmill will stop turning, frequently, when I step on it. Sometimes it is fine. I've checked the belt tension. It's fine. Motor wearing out?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When was the last time you lubbed the deck? It is mportant to regularly lub the deck to reduce friction and it should be done before any attempt to tension the belt... Over tightening the belt just transfers the load to the motor and may cause the motor to burn out...

Loosen the belt a little, lube the deck using an approved treadmill lub and test... The belt should only be tightened to the point to stop hesitating when walking on it..