Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My hyper extension treadmill runs full speed.controls light

Customer Question

hi,my hyper extension treadmill runs full speed.controls light up but do not work,neither does the emergency stop.it worked fine till kids played with programming
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Do you have a multimeter available to carry out some tests?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, first can you test the emergency stop for continuity when the key is fitted.

Then check if the cables are securely connected at the rear of the console, so that the speed control signal is getting to the motor. You can test the motor signal cable for voltage to see if a signal is getting to the motor ok, or not.

If the cables are ok, then the fault is within the console - either some buttons are sticking on, preventing the speed control buttons from functioning, or the console has an internal fault.

Try rubbing all of the buttons on the console first, to help release any that may be stuck. Rub your finger across the buttons several times, then release.

Let me know if that works...

* Please log in to the JustAnswer website and post your replies on this question page. Do NOT start a new question to reply. *

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said at the start it runs full speed,so there must be voltage to motor,think im wasting my time here
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

yes, there is voltage to the motor, however there is also a control signal - it is the voltage in that signal wire that you need to check. It controls the speed.