J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

Have a Horizon t101. The screen is locked on Lube Belt. I

Customer Question

Have a Horizon t101. The screen is locked on Lube Belt. I have Lubed Belt. Cannot get Lube Belt removed and treadmill will not go into Start with this command locked on. Have tried unpluging, switching off. holding buttons down 5 + seconds. What is the proceedure for removing Lube Belt command?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The solution that you should try first, is that the belt needs readjusting, and lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)

The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose.

If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor.

So, if you have indeed already used the special non-grease lubricant for the belt, try adjusting the tension also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that. Have tried to START with very lose belt after lubing belt liberally. Also tried that several time last week when problem started. Tried lose belt tight belt no change. Cannot get machine to accept START as a command. Just keeps sayinf LUBE BELT. have had 2 tread mills over the last 10m years. The first was a PRO and lasted 9 years. This Horizon is less tha 1 year old. Have Lubed belt 3 times now. Cannot get the LUBE BELT to clear so can use START
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The message is supposed to be manually reset after you have lubed the belt. Adjust the belt to the right tightness (just tight enough to not slip, no looser!) and then do the following - it is possible that your machine has nothing wrong with it really, just a need to shut off the message, which is not owing to a sensor being triggered, but just happens every time a certain mileage is reached... 150 miles, perhaps, or some other figure, but try this:

- hold the two buttons, at the same time, of the Speed + or Speed up-arrow button, and the STOP button, for 5 to 7 seconds.

- the console should beep at least twice. And the message will be cleared, I hope.

If this solves the problem, please rate my Answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im only rating this as BAD because this 2nd solution did not work either. I know you are trying. Adjusted tension so not too loose to slipm but just so....Held down 2 buttons Start and Spped up 10 seconds, then tried Stop and speed up buttons. then tried speed down. tried shutting off then repeating all proceedures. tried unplugguing then plugging back, repeating all proceedures...the LUBE BELT did "flash or blink" but remains on. Cannot get to Start cycle to use machine...any other ideas?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

START and SPEED UP is invalid.

Try turning On the treadmill.

Then wait 2 minutes for it to reach a steady status (error or no error.)

Then hold down STOP, and also SPEED UP... for 10 seconds, or until the console beep several times.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

(I want you to try that procedure over again please, exactly as I have specified it, in case your having not followed my instructions the first time had any effect on the procedure.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell, tried that 3 times over the last 4 hours....the "Lube Belt" display will blink once (each time tried)...but no double beep...no change to clear Lube Belt.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry. My source must have been invalid, as to that being a reset for the message in this model.

I forget whether I asked: do you have a user guide, or a user's manual, for this treadmill model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not have a User Guide or User Manual.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then I regret to have to state that I have no further information that would be useful for the problem in this case, with this model of machine.

If you need guidance as to repair services local to you that could help with the problem, just let me know your zip code or town/city and state, and I will look up that information for you.

But to cover all other cases and give you a chance at getting more helpful information from other Experts here, I have Opted Out of the case.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi different expert here.I am Tech Michael. If you will re rate kindly I will help you with this problem.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 questions, 1. what do you mean re-rate?....2. is there an charge other than the one I currently have paid?...3. Are your answers going to be fifferent than the ones above?
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, tech JT here. You just need to hold stop and speed down at the same time for 5-10 seconds until it beeps.

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

The only other issue could be that you have a bad overlay, in which the console is actually not responding to the buttons being pressed. When you press each button on the console, does it beep?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all beep once when pushed. The overlay works.
Tried holding down stop & speed down (3times) 10+ seconds each time. turned off power for 10 min. turned on for 10 minutes then tried hold down stop & spped down 10 + seconds each time. Any other ideas?
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Just to make sure the safety key is always in place correct?

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like it could be a bad upper circuit board. We can try one more thing. We will try to get into diagnostics. Hold incline up and speed down buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

It should bring up another menu

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
key is inserted (every time). Tried holding incline up and speed down buttons 10+ seconds. Tried powering off 5+ minutes, turning back on (2+ minutes) and holding incline up speed down (3 times). beeps once each time i push any button, no change in Lube Belt display, no new menu comes up.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

OK it's your upper control board. It is not accepting any inputs from the console

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Upper control board? Are you sure? I justed inscrewed and lifted up the panel top cover. The upper control board (?) is attached to the top cover (from underneath) with it looks like 4 screws. There are about a dozen connection "cables" wiring harnesses. Can I replace this board or that something I should get a Horizon tech to do/buy from? Do I need to replace board? Where can I get a replacement board.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com for Parts

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Did I read correctly above the unit is less than a year old?? If so your under full Warranty and they will send someone out free of charge.