Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Gen 2 Proform Tour De France training bike and

Customer Question

I have a Gen 2 Proform Tour De France training bike and today I went to push the buttons on my console and there was no response. The machine turns on and the tiny screen goes through its start up, but I can't get any of the buttons on the console to respond. Any ideas?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

First, check for any loose wiring behind the console.

Remove each wire connection and firmly reattach it again to ensure the connections are good.

If the console still won't respond then it is likely that the console itself has failed and needs to be replaced.

You can get a replacement console from Sears.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,I have already done those things. I was hoping you could help me understand how to do a hard-reset without the buttons on the console working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Secondly, Sears does not carry the console. There are several other places online that do, but the best price I found was with Icon Health/Proform - they offered a significant discount on the $553 item price.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Is that it? Sure doesn't seem like much of an answer for $21. I would rather not pay.