Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I recently got a 956i from a hotel gym as they were swapping

Customer Question

I recently got a 956i from a hotel gym as they were swapping out for new. it worked when pulled off line. when moved, the power cord was damaged; bought a new one. since then the unit won't power on or display any sign of power.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hhello. My name is***** will assist you with your question.

Near the power cord you should see either a breaker or fuse – in this case it is most likely a breaker – push that breaker all the way to the off position and then all the way back to the on position. If that does not help,, are you certain that the cable you purchased to replace the original is the exact same cable? If so, it is very likely a problem with the motor or the motor controller board. And if this is the case I would make absolutely certain that the one you received is the same one that you saw working. If that isn't going to help you, and your only option is to fix it, then there some testing that you can do if you have a multimeter and are familiar with using it. If so, let me know and tell you what test.