Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Greetings, Re. Image 10.6Q Treadmill will not incline.

Customer Question

Greetings,
Re. Image 10.6Q
Treadmill will not incline. Removed cover and the round motor gear is no longer meshing with the straight linear gear. It is below the first tooth of the straight linear gear. The motor and gear will turn as well as the optical reader disc when "Incline +" is pressed and belt/start is "ON". No gear teeth are broken.
Wondering why the gear ran down that far in the first place?
Do I have to disassemble to realign motor gear back onto the linear gear?
How do you calibrate and or new parts needed?
Thanks!
Rick J.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rick,

The motor will need to be realigned and recalibrated.

To calibrate the treadmill, hold the speed up and stop keys in as you insert the key then let the keys go. The console should start lighting the different LED's. Press the stop key twice and you will be in the speed and incline calibration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently the treadmill is in incline recalibration mode and will not shut off from incline recalibration no matter what I do. How do I get that the stop?Also realigning the motor gear to the straight care is a great statement but how specifically is that accomplished?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You can exit calibration mode by removing the safety key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As mentioned removing the key, doing a power off, reentering calibration mode, turn the power off agai, nothing stops the treadmill from doing incline calibration when turned back on.
can't complete because the gears are not mashing, so motor just keeps running! Question remains is the name: how do I stop to recalibration or better yet how do I remesh the gears as there doesn't appear to be any way to separate the two assemblies
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

First, you will need to investigate why the gears are not meeting each other. The motor may need to be realigned.

Please attach some photos so I can see more clearly.
Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Pete.
Some Pics attached.
Everything seems to be an alignment. I'm hoping if I can get the gears remeshed and it can then complete the incline recalibration process and then finally stop because currently whenever the key gets inserted it goes back to incline calibration automatically. The problem is how do I remesh the gears?
And of course, wondering why they came unmeshed in the first place as nothing is broken or loosened?Thanks!
Rick J
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any answer or someone else we can collaborate with? Rick J