Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am trying to repair my friends Nordic track commercial

Customer Question

Hi! I am trying to repair my friends Nordic track commercial 1500. my friend accidentally drop the unit and broke off the two incline bars.i have purchased and the new bars but I'm not sure what the configuration is with the bars,incline motor, and incline lifter bar.I'm not sure if worm gear should be all the way out at its steepest grade (12) or is all the way in at (0) I have hooked it up both ways but in calibration mode the worm gear pulls all the way in and wants to keep going so it seems lost in calibration.Thanks!
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Either something else was damaged, in the workings, when the device was dropped and broken... or else, you have not calibrated a sensor for the range of the worm gear (and the parts that it moves). A sensor switch ought to indicate the position of the parts the worm gear drives/moves, and if it isn't indicating anything, the worm gear may be being driven endlessly in an attempt to find a return signal or indication from that sensor.

So look for a sensor switch that isn't close enough to indicate anything, and look for a disconnected cable or broken wire, or a cracked circuit board, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying there is a wired in incline sensor switch somewhere on the Nordictrack commercial 1500? If so where is it? Also, my question was, when the incline motor worm screw is all the way out, is it in the 12 or 0 incline position?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to say I'm not sure.

But if there is no sensor, then the other position than the one you have tried, is the end position of the worm screw.

I have Opted Out, opening the case to any other Expert with more details on this particular model to offer. (This does not cut off communication - I can still see and respond to further postings.)