Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

How do I eliminate the squeak in the True 500ea?

Customer Question

Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first thing is, in such a situation, to determine whether the squeak is due to a loose part - or even better, simply determine where it is.

If it is owing to a loose part, the part should be tightened, probably (with some variations).

If it is owing to a defective part, the part may have to be replaced.

But if the first two are not the case, it may simply need routine lubrication according to the instructions in the manual. Do you have a manual for this model? if not, let me know, and I will look for a source for one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the manual and have no idea what to lubricate
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

This is the manual for the True Treadmill model CS500 - if it is at least close to yours, I hope so, then it may be useful in this case, esp. if it indicates lubrication points or procedure:

http://www.truefitness.com/sdm_downloads/cs500-commercial-treadmill-owners-manual/

and if you have had the treadmill for a while and never lubricated it, then you may very well need to, just routinely. That might well be the source of the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual is for a treadmill, my machine is an elliptical machine. So it was of no help!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I had some doubt about that. I should have asked first whether you had an elliptical model rather than a treadmill.

I have done the search again, and I regret to have to state that I find no information for the model # ***** have stated, '500ea'.

It is listed but user guides are not available to me, so with apologies for the time of yours that I have used, I must Opt Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi different expert here,

Is there any way you can send me a short video clip of the unit and exactly where and when it squeaks?

Or be a bit more specific.

Thanks

Tech Mike