Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My NordicTrack CX 998 has its ramp stuck at the ghest

Customer Question

My NordicTrack CX 998 has its ramp stuck at the highest elevation. I've followed the trouble-shooting suggestions in the owner's manual but the ramp will not lower.
How can this be fixed?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Nordic Track?

Also does the console show that the unit is commanded to move in a either direction, even though the motor and ramp don't move?

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure on age. I bought it used a month or so ago.When you push the ramp incline buttons it displays the requested movement on the console but the ramp does not move.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for all that. But I need to know if the console displays anything showing that you are pressing the buttons for the ramp operations.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Give me 15-20 minutes and I'll get to the machine and give you a better report (or pic/movie if easier).
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good I will be here;-)