Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a similar problem with our Precor M9.2S. I purchased

Customer Question

I have a similar problem with our Precor M9.2S. I purchased this used and it was working fine before I moved it. To get it out of the basement I had to disassemble it. After reassembling it at home it turns on very briefly but then shuts down like a circut breaker.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

It's not likely that the outlet itself is the problem, but you could eliminate that possibility by just putting a surge protector between the treadmill and the outlet. The circuit breaker tripping usually means that the motor is drawing a current that is too high. this can be caused by one of 2 things. A bad motor, or too much resistance on the motor when it is trying to run. A bad motor is self-explanatory I think so I will discuss the other possibilities. One thing that can make the motor draw too much current is if something is not moving correctly like the belts. If there's too much friction on the belt it will cause too much stress on the motor and cause the circuit trip.

all treadmills require some type of lubrication between the deck in the belt. And it should be lubricated on a regular basis, so if yours has not been new lubricated then that is what I would start with. Make sure you use belt lubrication that is specific to treadmill maintenance. Here is a link to one if you need it.

http://amzn.to/1iDyp5L

The same situation can occur if the belt was not lubricated regularly and has worn on the bottom causing the bare rubber to rub against the deck. What you want to do is eliminate as much friction as possible. with either of these situations, you would probably have noticed a slowdown of the motor before it started tripping the breaker. So if that's the case, this is probably the issue. If so, avoid turning on at all until you've corrected the problem otherwise it can burn up the motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike, that was not the problem. It turns out my problem was operator error. The magnetic disc that attaches by string to the person was not in the correct position on the consul. The treadmill works properly if the disc is in the "activate" position, not the blank square next to it. The program consul activates and when the motor is operating it does so without binding and the belt moves freely. The treadmill did not come with an owners manual otherwise I would have figured it out sooner. As usual the simplest explanation is more than likely the correct one. Please consider refunding my initial payment of $22.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will defer rating your response since the tripping of the circuit breaker is a safety measure if the magnetic switch on the consul is interrupted (like falling while exercising).