J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have an older Precor 9.25 TM that has always worked great.

Customer Question

I have an older Precor 9.25 TM that has always worked great. We moved recently and now every time we turn it on the breaker trips and it immediately turns off. We had a tech out and he said we needed a new lower board. We found a board and replaced it but same thing happens. Any ideas?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

What breaker is tripping?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one by the on/off switch at the front of the machine
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Did you take the unit apart to move it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The handrails removed and the "arm" was folded down. Has been moved several times this way
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

OK I would Check the wire that goes through the arm it may have been pinched or damaged causing a short

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Next would be to unplug the red and Black wires from big drive Motor. Then turn unit on and see if there is any change

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We are trying that
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Next would be to replace that breaker itself.

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

If still after all that you have no change it sounds like the new board you put in is bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the breaker a standard one that is easy to find?
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

You may be able to find at a local electrical store, I'm not sure. We always just order our Parts Direct from company. You can also try fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We found that the tech did not plug the wire from the arm into the board. We did. Now the breaker does not trip but we still do not get power to the display
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

OK do you have the safety key in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the new board be bad? We could switch and put the old one in
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Next trace that wire up the arm to console make sure it's plugged into the console

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

It's possible

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything plugged into the console
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Well I would try swapping boards, next would be to use a volt meter to test continuity from the data cable. Unplug from console and lower board. Then test each prong to make sure the data cable is OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are back to the original problem of tripping out. Is there a way to test the breaker to see if it's good or just change it out? We have tried the motor wires also.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

I would just change it out, I don't think there is any way to test. They just wear out over time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are trying to order the breaker. I would like to keep this open for a day or two to see if this works. Thanks