Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I purchased the A.C.T. model via Craigslist, so I have no

Customer Question

Hi! I purchased the A.C.T. model via Craigslist, so I have no warranty; it worked great for several months, now the left handlebar is slipping off the bar. It easily goes back on to the bar when I push it back in, but then when I begin using it again, it starts to come away. All three screws are secure, but it keeps pulling away after two to three revolutions. Please advise.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When the handlebar comes off completely, look at the part of the bar it was on. Isn't there a hole in the bar?

According to parts diagrams, that hole may have to be aligned with an irregular part of the handle. Perhaps there is a projection on the inside of the handlebar the fits into the hole in the bar, and keeps it in place or helps it to stay on the bar.

Otherwise... does the bar show any scratches where the screws were tightened? on the surface of the bar under where the handlebar goes onto it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Russell.The handle bar does not come completely off. When I begin my workout, I do about 3 revolutions/strides, then I notice a knocking sound. The left handle bar/assembly (pedal, roller, handle bar, etc.) is intact; where it attaches to the upright/upright covers is where it starts to separate/come loose, if that makes any sense. It does not completely detach, otherwise the handle bar/pedal/roller -- the entire left half of the elliptical would drop to the ground and/or slide into my mirrored closet door. That is what I'm trying to avoid.There is no hole in the bar. There are no scratches when the screws were tightened. Have I thoroughly confused you? I sure wish you were available via FaceTime so I can show you in real time what the issue is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi it seems Rus has opted out. I am tech Michael I can help. I see you requested a call. I will send you an offer if you accept that I will call you and we will work over the phone from then on if you like. If not we can do it here like this.

But it will be much quicker by phone I agree;-)

Tech Mike