Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

We are trying to calibrate the incline on a Nordictrack

Customer Question

Hello, we are trying to calibrate the incline on a Nordictrack C900. The incline is going to the maximum position but is now stuck there, and won't come all the way down. Any ideas? Thank you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If the calibration isn't working, this could be a problem with the motor for the incline or the motor controller board. But it could also be just that the incline screw needs to be reset. What I would do in this case is to unplug the machine and then manually turn the incline until it is all the way down. Then turn the machine on and try to calibrate again. If that doesn't work, then you will have to check the incline motor by opening up the unit and applying 12 V of DC power to the terminals of the motor. It should move at a constant speed in either direction when the polls are reversed. If it does not, then the incline motor needs to be replaced. However if the incline motor does work, trace the lines back to the motor controller board – this is what needs to be replaced if the motor is working. You can verify this by manipulating the incline controls while measuring the DC output from this board – it should change according to the controls, if it doesn't, then it is the motor control board. This is one of the most common problems with these machines. Please let me know if you still have questions.