Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My treadmill shuts done after 2 seconds.. It trips the

Customer Question

My treadmill shuts done after 2 seconds.. It trips the breaker
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This is a short circuit condition.

If the motor has been sounding normal and the rollers as well. then you will need a new motor driver board. As they age eventually they will fail, usually before anything else as they work very hard to keep track of the speed and considering the way they are designed to operate PWM, its a task and certain components get very hot.

This board is easy to replace and isn't very expensive, if you have a few basic hand tools you should be able to do this, I will stick with you until this is fixed. No additional cost;-)

If you would like a phone call I can do that as well. Please before removing any of the wiring clips on that circuit board take a few pics of the wiring locations so you will be sure where they go once you have the new board.

The best place to get the motor driver board is Treadmill Doctor:

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-#### ***** is best to call them for this part as it may not be listed on their website;-)

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael