Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a spirit fitness eliptical that is now making a

Customer Question

I have a spirit fitness eliptical that is now making a "clunking" noice in the same place in rotation every time. I have checked to see if any nolts are lose and cant seem to find anything?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Depending upon your exact model of elliptical there could be various problems causing what you are asking about.

If there is one place in rotation where the noise occurs, then position the machine's rotating parts right in that position, then try to lift or otherwise move abnormally, the rotating part(s). (You might need someone else to hold the machine in that position while doing so.) If that reveals the looseness, then you might have more data as to where the problem is.

I hope it isn't a broken bearing race. Such clunkings that don't seem to come from anything being obviously loose, can be owing to such a cause.