Neil, Technician
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing
15873252

I have a Schwinn 6310P treadmill. it stops running after a

Customer Question

hi, I have a Schwinn 6310P treadmill. it stops running after a few seconds with error code E5 Stall. I see your answer mentions speed sensor alignment and I confirmed that it is working as normal (led blinks on each pass). I notice that if I raise the incline as soon as it startups it will run fine until I lower the incline than same error code. can you help?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Hi

It sounds like the walking belt may be slipping on the front roller so you get the stll fault which mens the belt can't achieve the desired speed. Raising the incline helps as it applies more pressure on the front roller due to gravity.. Did you recently lub the deck or tighten the walking belt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx for quick reply. I lubed the deck only after this problem started as I read somewhere that the error may be a result of the motor finding too much friction. I am quite confident the front roller isn't slipping because the error occurs even when no one is walking on it and I re-aligned the belt (after the issue started) and I can tell it is not slipping. Can you tell me what the error code means? E5 STALL.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

E5 stall means the walking belt can't achieve the selected speed...

More commonly it is a speed sensor issue... But if you have proved this is ok then it is a belt slipping on the front roller, or possible a motor drive belt slipping... The fact that raising the incline fixes it points to a front roller issue... Make sure you haven't overtightened the walking belt adjustments...