Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My teen has got my golds gym 480 treadmill stuck on incline

Customer Question

My teen has got my golds gym 480 treadmill stuck on incline 10. It won't go down when I push incline down arrow
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

There are a couple of things that could be happening here. First it could be your motor controller board. The motor controller board controls the incline gear that causes the incline to go up and down. This can usually be calibrated though by pressing the up and down arrows well plugging it in. If it is the motor controller board, you will know this by pressing the controls to incline and at the same time measure the voltages coming out of the motor controller board to the incline motor. They should fluctuate accordingly to turn the incline motor the correct way to raise or lower the machine. If this happened during moving or if it may have been dropped on the incline or something forceful, it is possible that that screw that the incline goes up and down on is just not position properly. In this case, what I would do is unplug the unit and then manually turn the incline screw until it is all the way back in. Then plug in and turn on the unit and do another incline calibration if necessary. If the voltages coming out of the motor controller board are correct and none of this helps then it's is most likely the motor that is controlling the incline. The motor can be tested very easily with 12 V DC applied to the terminals.