Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

My free spirit treadmill (Sears) stopped working. I checked

Customer Question

Hi, my free spirit treadmill (Sears) stopped working.
I checked the circuit breaker and it does not seam as if it tripped, I can move the breaker button and the white part of the breaker is not showing.
ANy ideas?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does it show any sign of power at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The treadmill console does not come on at all.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Is it plugged into a surge protector? Regardless if this works with other devices can you try a different outlet? You may need to use an extension cord.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy,The unit is plug-in directly to the wall outlet and I have confirmed that there is power coming out of the wall outlet.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is why I mentioned regardless of whether or not the outlet works with other devices you still need to try that please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Just tried a different outlet (on a different circuit) and tried it with and without an extension cord. No luck.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Darn, that is not a good sign. Can you tell if it is getting power but the console itself is not displaying? One way to check would be to see if you can get the motor to start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I do that?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The same way you would normally to start the treadmill in order to start walking. Though you will not be able to see the control panel digits etc. If the motor starts the control panel display board has failed and needs to be replaced. If it does not start it would be a very bad sign.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, the start (on/off) button does not work.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok unfortunately that most likely means your power supply has failed and needs to be replaced. Since the start button will not work this is the most likely cause but I would not be able to be 100% sure without seeing it. To find the board for you I would need the model number of your treadmill. For example is it a freespirit 815?