Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

I have the nordictrack xm model w63g0110 serial #

Customer Question

I have the nordictrack xm model w63g0110 serial # *****
The resistance is not working. It's stuck on a hard level. When I tried to recalibrate it like the directions said there was no motor sounds to unplug it during.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Please do not rate until we are finished. How did you try to re-calibrate it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read it on line it said to push the lowest resistant setting wait for motor to stop than press highest resistance & while motor is running unplug for a few seconds. There is no motor running so did not work
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Some models have different button configurations. Hold down the "Start" button and the heart rate increase button at the same time for five seconds, if your console has a "Start" button. Hold down the "Program Select" and Resistance "1" button simultaneously for five seconds, if your model doesn't have a "Start" button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only has a resistance - or + I tried start & each one of the resistance buttons & nothing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok hold down program select and + for five seconds.

Press the program select button again.

Press the incline button for 30 degrees.

Press program select 3 times.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to work & there isn't a program select button will be gone 4 hours
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you do not have that or a start button your original method would have worked to reset.

That unfortunately normally means the control board has failed and needs to be replaced.

The part number is ***** Control Board. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Nordic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we know it's not the tension motor not responding
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is very unlikely but if you want to you can test it with a 12v battery like the battery from a cordless drill. If the motor is ok it will spin slowly when attached to a fully charged battery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nordictrack says it is the eddy mechanism that it's not the control panel because the resistance numbers are going up & down & it's a $1000
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The part is $250 if that is what is causing it: Click Here

Without seeing the machine I can not test the board or look at the mechanism to tell you for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like I need to buy several parts to figure out what's wrong with it & Thats what I'm trying to avoid
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The only way to find out for sure is to replace one of them or have someone look at it in person, the only one we can rule out is the motor because I told you how to test that. The control board you can try testing with a multimeter but that does not always work.