J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

Have a pro-formcrosswalk treadmill. Every time we plug it in

Customer Question

have a pro-formcrosswalk treadmill. Every time we plug it in it blows the breaker. Do we need an electrician or a repairman. Just recently moved from MO to CO and it was running fine before we moved. Model #831 24813.0 Serial #AA050C05194
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does not blow a fuse but we have to reset breaker. The readout comes on for just a second.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what number do I call you on. My service agreement expired in 2013
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have it plugged into a gfi circuit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't now what a gfi circuit is.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

OK let's try to run a heavy duty extension cord to another area of the House. If it trips a different breaker then we will rule out the House as the problem. If it works fine then you know you have an issue with that part of the House.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My manual says the treadmill is not compatible with GFCI equipped outlets. We used a heavy duty extension cord with a surge suppressor but it still tripped the breaker.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

OK just to be clear you ran the cord to another area in the House and it tripped a completely different breaker this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The treadmill is in garage and only has availability to 2 switches. Both tripped the breaker. Have no other place to plug into.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Well without running an extension cord to another plug on another breaker, there is no way to determine if it's the House or the Treadmill.