Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Precor 576i elliptical. I keep getting an error

Customer Question

Hi I have a Precor 576i elliptical. I keep getting an error code 30. I recently replaced the battery thinking that was the issue.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This is normally a "communications error"

This means that the upper and lower boards are not "talking " to each other.

Check the connections and the cable itself

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did find a loose connection yesterday. It looks like it could be from the lower board connection. I just don't know how were the other side goes to or how to connect it.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I have put a call out for the schematics of this machine
While Im waiting Ill opt out.
This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question
Thanks
Rob
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

I've included one of your pictures with arrows pointing out what those cables plug into. From the pictures of the bottom, it appears as though the ones in the bottom are connected properly. But I would look for a similar plug on the top that that plugs into. It should just plug into it just like a telephone cord would slap into a phone or and outlet. I will attach the notated picture here.