John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Have a Weslo Pursuit CT 3.8R, need to remove the belt to

Customer Question

Have a Weslo Pursuit CT 3.8R, need to remove the belt to replace flywheel, because pedal gear was stripped. have replacement part, but not clear how to loosen belt.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the part I need to remove and have the replacement for is called a crank, not the flywheel. Belt is too tight to remove.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
You must first remove the right pedal and the right shield. Using an adjustable wrench, turn the right pedal counterclockwise and remove it. Next, remove all the screws from the left and right shields; there are two sizes of screws in the shields–note which size of screw you remove from each hole. Then, gently pull the right shield away from the frame. Loosen the Flywheel Axle (39). Next, tighten the M6 Locknuts (63), one on each side of the Flywheel (37).
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
=====
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said, "Loosen the Flywheel Axle (39). Next, tighten the M6 Locknuts (63), one on each side of the Flywheel (37)."The Flywhel axle (39) does not appear to loosen, but just spin in place. The equipment manual shows an M6 locknut (63) on the right side of the flywheel(37); but our equipment only has a locknut on the left side. it seems if we were to tighten that it would pull the flyweheel further from the crank, tightening the belt (35) when what we want to do is loosen it. I can send a photo of the right side which does not have the locknut (63) as pictured in manual, if that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John your answer was incomplete, i sent a qualifying response to help you fous in on the problem area, but did not get a reply to the clarifying wuestion. I cannot rate you until you finish the answer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, I don't see a response here to the clarifying question. Your answer did not help remove the belt, so i tried to reword and see if you can help. I'd appreciate a response!