Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

The console shuts down after 1 minute of a workout. It shuts

Customer Question

The console shuts down after 1 minute of a workout. It shuts down and restarts.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That signifies, perhaps, a problem with voltage level, or voltage regulation, of the voltage or power supplied to the console.
Or, it might be, just plain a defective console.
Reseating the cables to the console might doubtfully help with the problem.
How old is the exercise machine? measured from date of purchase.
And, what is the maker and model # ***** the exercise machine that has the console in question? or is it not an exercise machine at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a health rider H35xr. It is about 4-5 years old
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest that you turn Off and unplug the machine, dismount the console from its mountings, remove its back case, and remove, then re-seat, the cable connectors.

Then put the case back on, mount the console again, and try the machine again.

If that doesn't help, then your console may need replacing, esp. if there's not other problem with anything it controls, while it is working. Or, the power supply in the machine might possibly be faulty in its 5 V. voltage as supplied to the console... in which case, a constant monitoring of the 5 v. line with a meter or an oscilloscope might reveal whether the 5 V supplied fluctuates or esp. drops below 4.6 V. or so, around the time just before the console restarts.

That would settle the question of whether the console is defective or the power supply.

I can point you to exploded diagrams of the machine, if you need any aid on how to dismount the console. Or aid on where the power supply is in this machine, etc.

Or if this sounds too elaborate or to much effort, I can point you toward a good service company or three, servicing Health Rider equipment, might be located in your region.

Let me know. Thanks.