J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a nordic track t5.7 that has been slipping. We tightened

Customer Question

I have a nordic track t5.7 that has been slipping. We tightened the walking belt and although it reduced the amount of slipping, it still slips. Next after examining the drive belt we noticed it has some damage and needed replaced. We purchased a drive belt and when attempting to install the new belt we noticed that the larger spool (or whatever it is called) that we were to put the new belt on also seemed to be damaged. Is this a problem? Won't this cause it to continue to slip?? If so, is there another part we need to purchase/replace?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
The larger spool is the front pulley. It is attached to the entire front roller, which will need to be replaced. They are machined together so unfortunately you cannot just buy a pulley
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So to clarify, we need to purchase a "front roller"? And if we do not replace it, it will probably keep slipping, right?I've attached a picture.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
Correct. If you have tightened both belts that only leaves front roller as slipping problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's just it.. We have not fully installed the new drive belt yet. For two reasons...
1) We are having trouble. How can you install it when the belt is that tight?
2) We noticed that this front pulley was damaged as was worried that the installing the new drive belt would not stop the slipping problem.I would like to finish installing the drive belt. Can you suggest how to put it on when its that tight? Is there a right way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also.. where can I find the front pulley part? Is there a site online you'd recommend?
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha, do not put it on the front pulley. Leave it around the metal part, then put it around the Motor. Then slowly work it around the front roller pulley. Use the Motor and work it on by hand. Just watch your fingers. Fitnessrepairparts. Com for Parts