Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a pro form crosswalk caliber treadmill. The console

Customer Question

I have a pro form crosswalk caliber treadmill. The console will light up but the buttons do not work.
There was a lot of rain that day.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/fitness-equipment/97246-pro-form-crosswalk-caliber-treadmill-console.html#ixzz3g3RxBbFz
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pro form crosswalk caliber model number pftl59104.0 after a big rain storm it will power on and the console will light up but it will not respond when you push the buttons.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have your treadmills age?
Was there any lightning associated with this storm?
Thank you for choosing Just Answer.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was lighting
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you,
This indicates unfortunately that the console has been internally damaged by a power surge caused by the lightning.
It will need to be replaced as lightning causes severe damage to sensitive electronics such as your treadmill.
Its easy to replace but a bit pricey.
I will help you make the replacement its easy.
If you have a few basic hand tools you can do this with my assistance.
One piece of advice, when you have the new console, take a couple of pictures of the wiring clips before you remove them from the old board so you know for sure where to replace them;-)
There is no soldering required on this one.
The best place to get a new console is Treadmill Doctor, they are the best with regards ***** ***** and quality.
You can contact them by phone, the best way for this.
TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST (###) ###-####
Please rate my service kindly at this time, this way you can contact me anytime you need at no additional cost. Also it wont cost you anything to rate;-)
Have a great day.
Tech Michael