Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a C900 and disassembled before moving and disconnected

Customer Question

I have a C900 and disassembled before moving and disconnected wires from main control board. Got stumped trying to figure out one connector. There is black piece with two pins that slides over a red connector..the red connector is 5 pin female which fits perfectly over 5 pin male on board. But with black pice that slides over it I cannot seem to figure how it connects to board. Was it that it was never connected when I disassembled. Did not seem like there would be wires that simply were not intended to be connected. Otherwise I cannot figure out. Help?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
In this case it is very possible that black piece doesn't need to be hooked up. Sometimes there are extra wires for h uses and features on different models that yours isn't using. Its a good idea to take a picture of the wiring in the future before removing any wiring clips on anything electronic;-)
I would look really good to see if you can find a port on the board for that wiring clip.
If you cant find that try running the unit without it hooked up, it may be fine Note This wont hurt anything anyway to try it this way, just be sure the leads don't touch anything metal on the board or frame while checking it this way. I will also see if there is anything further on the use of that clip for you;-)
Let me know how it goes.
I will stick with you until you have this working,
please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Thank you for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael. I do understand how people can be unreasonable and frustrated on website...do not have to worry about this with us. I have disassembled and reassembled many exercise machines as mover and this particular situation just baffled me a little. So was hoping I would find someone who had seen this situation and I would get a aaaah-ha moment.Additional details...1. the black piece I speak of covers the connector that wires are connected to.2. the black piece has two pins as if it coverts 5 pin female to two pin male3. the red piece that the wires are connected to.. fits into the black piece (adapter piece for lack of a better description). Red piece is 5 pin female.4. If I remove the black piece the red piece fits into spot on board perfectly but I know when we disconnected it from board the black "adaptor" piece was connected to red connector end.5. I was just looking for someone who may have experience with this exact model and board who might resolve this mystery for us.6. We can just turn on and test but the owner of machine is convinced that the set up would not have a loose piece or wiring intentionally not connecting to anything?Just a little baffled...
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi lol. thanks for that. I checked the wiring information on that model.And found a few different versions and I'm not sure exactly which one you have;-(But I made a few phone calls for you and found two places thst can tell you for sure where the black piece goes for free and any other things you may want to ask. Please call Treadmill Doctor:TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST***-***-****And NordicTrack"Also Toll Free: 1-***-***-**** Please rate kindly before closing this page and have a great evening;-)please let me know if I can further assist you with this.Thank youTech Michael